All traditional Bengali loves to celebrate Durga Puja by wearing white saree with red border In today’s life, sarees have become a fashionable product and white saree with red border is being worn by not just middle-aged and older women but are also being proudly sported by young as well as global Indians, specially traditional Bengali. If there is a puja in your house, then wearing a red and white saree will definitely be the ‘in thing’ to do. But more than that, it is the emotional element and religious reasons attached to the saree which makes it the best wardrobe option for a puja ceremony.
If you’re still curious as to why you should be wearing a red border white saree for a puja ceremony, then here are some smart facts to inspire you.
- A saree looks great on all body types, balancing flab and curves beautifully.
- Sarees make you look sensual within the boundaries of modesty, thus keeping your style appeal high and socially acceptable.
- If you choose the right fabrics, a sari becomes an easy-breezy garment, ideal for such crowded events.
Why Women Wear White Silk Saree With Red Border In Puja Occasion?
Scientific & Classic Reason:
- White silk sarees are recommended to be worn during puja, not just because they are traditional, but because silk reacts to temperature, energy, and more in ways which are unique to silk because of its origin from animals instead of processed plant materials. These differences help not only to heat or cool the body depending on. In puja, lots of spiritual energy is supposed to be raised for the benefit of those present. Wearing silk aids in the immediate absorption and transfer of the blessings and energy to those attending the puja. Synthetic fibers (which many modern clothes are made of) have the opposite effect and are unsuitable for wearing for spiritual practice.
- This is not unique to Hinduism either. This is why priests and devotees of every god around the world tend to wear silks for spiritual practice. But silk is always recommended for puja at home or in temples. Also, you should consider that the more time and care you take to put into your puja at home, including getting dressed, will bring more discipline, care and positive attention to all parts of your life.
BEST TIME TO WEAR RED BORDER WHITE SAREE
Red border white saree is typically worn on the last day of Duga Puja, that is Dashmi or Dussehra.
A red and white saree is worn by Bengali women on auspicious occasion like festivals, marriages etc. Durga Puja is one of the most widely celebrated Bengali festivals and thus it is needless to say that the ethnic red and white saree has a special role to play in this festival.
Womens are crazy about white saree with red border due to wear them to match their red-and-white shankha pola, that all married Bengali women wear and also the saree fairly matching with Their sindoor too which is made great combination.
Tips To Looking Gorgeous In A Red Border White Saree
Tips 1: Bengali women have their own unique way of draping a saree without pleats. You can drape the saree like in the traditional Bengali style or wear it normally.
Tips 2: Never wear a traditional Bengali saree with normal imitation or designer jewellery. In Bengali culture, gold jewellery is considered auspicious. Also, golden jewellery compliments the look of a Bong Beauty in the biggest possible way. Try some of the basic Bengali designs like bala , necklace of pins and balls, dangling earrings with a chain pulling up to the hair.
Tips 3: You can leave your hair open to look urbane and chic. You can also tie your hair into a bun hairstyle to look traditional. You can plait your hair or pin it up in the center. If you do try the bun hairstyle, adorn it with some classic Bengali hair jewellery like flowered pins and gold nets.
Tips 4: The most vital element of a Bengali woman’s get up is the large red bindi ( বড় লাল টিপ্ ) on her forehead. You simply cannot wear a red and white saree without putting a big red dot in the center of your forehead.
These are some of the ways to make a simple red and white saree look gorgeous.
Significance of the Color of the Red Border White Saree
In a Red Border White Saree, white color is used to indicate purity, honesty and chastity of a woman, and red border symbolizes her fertility and fidelity and thus her power.
Top Articles You May Like To Read: